Subject: Caustics
From: Kier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 14:46:13 +0100 (BST)

I have a swimming pool object with a perturbed surface (geometric or 
mapped) and the camera is under the surface. I am viewing the corner of 
the pool's bottom and I want to create animated caustic reflections and 
those characteristic light patterns you see on sea beds and swimming 
pools floors... how do I do it?

What sort of surface attributes should the water have, how should I model 
it, and do I need to set up special light attributes?

Anyone have any ideas?

				/|\
			      >(0-0)<
/=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*oOO--(^)--OOo*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=///*\
*      ~~~    KIER DARBY     [email-masked]        ///  *
{>------------------------~~~~~~~~~---------------------------///--<}
*    ~  National Centre for Computer Animation, UK  ~   \\\  ///    *
{>-------------------------------------------------------\\XX//----<}
*If I had wings, and I could fly, I'd look bloody silly, wouldn't I.*
\=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*==*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*/

--
Kier <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]